Effective: July 1, 2023
We provide this Website for use only by persons who are 16 years of age or older and who are located in the United States of America or any of its territories. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use this Website. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of these areas. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States of America, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements applicable to your level of access.
Your continued use of the Website following the posting of revisions means you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account, including any loss, liability or damages incurred as a result of any use under your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire content, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, downloads, materials, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by FCT, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States of America copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. You agree to comply with all applicable intellectual property laws and/or regulations, and to protect the intellectual property rights of FCT and others with content or services on the Website.
You are permitted to store, display, analyze, modify, reformat, and print the information made available to you via this Website only for your own use arising from your relationship with FCT. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website solely for your own use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website, unless expressly authorized in the materials.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text, or reproduce, sell or distribute the same.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website.
FCT name, the term First Community Trust, FCT’s logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of FCT or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of FCT. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States of America, or other countries, or the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, as amended).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate FCT, an FCT employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses, usernames or other similar identifying information associated with any of the foregoing).
- In a manner (1) to harass, abuse or threaten another person; (2) that is false, misleading or inaccurate; (3) that is degrading or discriminatory; (4) that is indecent, offensive or inflammatory; or (5) that infringes on the legal rights of any person.
- For benchmarking, or to compile information for a competitive product or service.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm FCT or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual, or other, process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material or device which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Investigate any of your activity involving, or related to, the use of the Website.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS FCT AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. The information presented may provide authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered, however the information provided is not intended to be an exhaustive treatment of all issues and questions that may arise. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to, or user of, the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We are not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or similar services or advice. The information presented is compliance, not legal, in nature and does not result in the formation of an attorney-client relationship between you and us or any of its employees or agents/affiliate, and further does not provide any of the protections attendant to the attorney-client relationship. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by FCT, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FCT. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content and services made available on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material or services made available on this Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material or maintain such services.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Linking to the Website
You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, and is consistent with the terms of an Agreement, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part or distribute content or materials only available pursuant to an Agreement without our express written consent. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice at our discretion.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This may include links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet, the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Website for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER FCT NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH FCT MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER FCT NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH FCT REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
FCT HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL FCT, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
FCT shall not be liable for any delay, disruption or failure of the Website directly or indirectly resulting from any event(s) beyond FCT’s control.
We may deliver notices to you by email, posting a notice on the Website or other method we choose, and such notice is effective upon dispatch. If you provide notice to us, it is deemed delivered upon receipt, return receipt requested, when delivered to: First Community Trust, N.A., Attn: General Counsel, 7745 Office Plaza Drive North, Suite 170, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266.
Your Comments and Concerns
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.